Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Still Naked


Sleepy eyed and still naked,
I stand on my tiptoes on my desk
pulling the blinds to blink sunlight into the room.
As I step an awkwardly long step down to the floor
you turn over in my bed, and I feel your eyes on my skin.
The warmth of your gaze releases my usual morning energy in the form of a soft sigh.
You smile.
You smile with those pretty lips of yours, and I'm dancing around the room
trying to be interested in something else
trying to get ready, to go to class, to do something responsible, but instead I find myself getting back into bed, wrapping my arms around your waist from behind, kissing your neck and shoulders, and enjoying what will surely be the best part of my day.

And why not? You don't seem to mind.
My professor doesn't mind, as I stroll in late to class. My tell-tale glow makes me invincible.

Or at least I think I am.
Maybe I'm despised, but the energy still coarsing through me makes it hard to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment